All things general in here
Flintoft

Postby Flintoft » 24 Mar 2011, 09:18

Hi, I'm Paul from the wimmera in Vic. I've just picked up a 16' ply clinker ski boat, the builders plate reads designed and built by W.A.Flintoft, Enfield Ext., South Aust. so far I've had no leads on the builder, any info would be a great help. The previous owner new very little about it's history but said he got it from Naracoorte, it has been badly repainted and renamed Evil-Dick,( of which the dick was painted over). On giving it a bit of a pressure wash the original paint and name have started to show( name I haven't worked out yet) and also blew a hole in the transom and two planks around the exhaust. I will post some photos soon, after 12 years of drought the rain hasn't stopped but all our lakes are full, time to bring out the boats, cheers great to be here, Paul.

rayza1

Re: New Member

Postby rayza1 » 24 Mar 2011, 11:52

Welcome aboard Paul, good luck with your quest. Half the fun is finding the history of your prized possesion. Cheers Ray.

Alan

Postby Alan » 24 Mar 2011, 14:01

Welcome aboard Paul,
I can't help with the ID of the boat but hopefully someone from SA will know. Don't forget to check out the club site (www.cawpba.com)
Good luck, maybe we'll see you at the Narrandera national get together?
Alan.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 24 Mar 2011, 15:24

G'day Paul

Welcome to the Board.

I have heard of Flintoft as a stand alone, but also as part of boat builders Flintoft-Lukey Marine and Flintoft-Lukey-Hurling, with the Lukey part being the manufacturers of Lukey mufflers. The boats I know of are clinker built, usually 14' - 16', mainly outboards but there were inboards and had timber framed windscreens fitted to them.

The company's address was 96 Grand Junction Rd, Kilburn, with the factory located in Innes St, Windsor Gardens, SA.

Greg

01.jpg
01.jpg (175.86 KiB) Viewed 5040 times

02.jpg
02.jpg (125.11 KiB) Viewed 5042 times

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 24 Mar 2011, 16:52

welcome aboard paul. look forward to seeing some pics of your boat. sounds like a good project. i havnt been up your way for a while but ive got a mate who lives in horsham and hes been saying how full the lakes are. particurly greens and taylors,

brian

Flintoft

Postby Flintoft » 24 Mar 2011, 17:43

Thanks guys, I should have mentioned it is a twin cockpit with a side valve dodge six, the windscreen was a dodgy auto aluminium frame but it looks like it may have had a timber frame screen originally, the eyebrow on the transom is not as pronounced as the one in the photo, any how I'll get some pics up soon, cheers Paul.

Flintoft

Postby Flintoft » 24 Mar 2011, 17:50

The address on the builders plate is 59 Branson Ave. Enfield Ext., so she may be a bit earlier than the flintoft - lukey merge, cheers Paul

Return to “Main Room”