Ex Matelots

All things general in here
reddwarf

Re: Ex Matelots

Postby reddwarf » 05 Jun 2011, 07:03

hello chris how is the tanker going havent heard any more about her on the telly is every one being good

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 13 Jun 2011, 22:25

Hi Peter,
apologies I have been out of touch for a few weeks. I am now back iat home in Sydney and early next week will be heading to Melbourne on leave. Will have 3 weeks to work on Wildfire, hope to get the trailer modified and registered. With a bit of luck, I may bring it back to Sydney to work on as we have a bit time alongside in Sydney. Will possibly see about putting it in a self storage unit, will wait and see? Not too expensive, but I am not sure of the overall trailer length and this may change. Depends if I can get the trailer work required done in order to meet the current standards.

How is your hydro going? Should be great when it it hits the water? Have already sourced out some great parts for the
jag six.

The Melbourne Bar is long gone, the only one of the same era left is the Nelson Bar, Singas was good but it is great to be back home. We stopped in Cairns on the way home, will probably go to the working with wood show on at Moore Park this weekend prior to driving to Melbourne as I am waiting on trailer parts from Lithgow. Take care.

Cheers

Chris.

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 30 Jun 2011, 20:05

hello chris . been busy my self keeping a job in the metal industry . with all the boom and bust in the mining sector .the hydro is progressing well i have purchased new pistons and other parts from the usa and will be getting the motor out to a machine shop soon . i hope to have it on the water in august if all goes well. im of to foster on the 9th/10th for the racers reunion with the crackerbox.its a great spot to run .come up if you can.

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 15 Aug 2011, 21:53

Hi Peter,
been busy, sorry for taking a while to get back to you. I now have my boat off the trailer and the trailer is receiving quite a few mods, after which it will be registered. After that hope to bring it back to up here so I can start
getting stuck into it.

Hope your hydro is progressing well. Hope the engine work is going/gone well? Do you have much more to do than the
engine? Will be great to see it going.

Peter Adcock also has started building my new 17' Syndicate as well, should be great.
I had an older Syndicate previously, it was faultless. The new one should be great, can't wait to fit it out.
Hopefully I can make it to Narrandera, although sounds as though we could be at sea. Have to wait and see
what happens.

Regards
Chris.

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 18 Aug 2011, 19:03

hello again chris . the hydro is progressing well ive removed the engine and had it bored and honed . so this weekend ill put it together . i was hoping to take it to the top end sprint but ill be using the crackerbox as i will not have time to test and learn how to to drive it. things are looking good for spring though , and a run at toukely next month

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 23 Aug 2011, 19:50

Hi Peter,
good to hear the hydro is going well! I want to check out the top end sprint at Windsor, so might be able
to catch up with you at Windsor? I haven't been to the races for quite a while so should be good. Not sure what time
things start, will google it. Keen to have a look at your crackerbox! My mobile is 0419369775.

Cheers

Chris.

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 24 Aug 2011, 18:58

hello chris i should be at windsor around 8 saturday morning ,im camping overnight .the race starts about 11 sunday from sackville.

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 30 Aug 2011, 20:23

Hi Peter,
I made out to the Windsor on Sunday and saw your boat come across the finnish and saw it on the trailer, looks good. Must have just missed you, have to make it down to Neranderra!
Apologies I was out there late, as I have felt like crap all week with a cold! I planned to be up about 7 am, but it turned out to be a bit past 9 am and was out at Windsor a bit after 11 am. When I left after about 2 pm, felt even worse! Still was good to see.
Some of the guys with twin turbo big block Chev Force ski raceboats simply have too much money! All very nice but all look the same, same SS trailers, same turbo BBC engine and same Mercruiser sterndrives. And were not that fast in my opinion for the $$ spent. The little hydro Miss September looked pretty good and was good to see something different.

Cheers

Chris.

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 31 Aug 2011, 18:56

hello chris .pity i missed you its been a few years , narrandera is a bit far for me we're working 10hr days , as we have 500 tons of structiral.the boat was a bit of song the throttle cable shifted and the dizzy had a miss fire at about 3200 but we got there .ill catch you up another day. get well see you soon

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 07 Sep 2011, 21:21

Hi Peter,
hopefully you can sort out the small problems next time. Windsor races are on the 17 and 18 September, will probably go on the Sunday (duty Saturday, got to love pussers!).
I am taking a long weekend this weekend, fly to Melbourne tomorrow night, to check out my Syndicate being built, the trailer being repaired for Wildfire, and to pick up new Simmonds wheels for my Torana. Should have have some good photos when I come back. Might even be able to finally get the trailer registered? I am looking forward to seeing the trailer, should look good with the mods I have got done.

Cheers
Chris.

Return to “Main Room”