272 y block

All things general in here
Stu

Re: 272 y block

Postby Stu » 28 Jan 2011, 19:25

Hi Dave,

you got it, I'm still here.....

I will take a few update photo's of my boat project here to show you guys. My problem is ( same as many others) I rack up around 70 hrs a week at work and must of course spend time with the better half and son on the rest of the weekends.

I have managed to hang an hour or so on after work each evening this week and fitted the new engine beams and the last two frames into the hull. Till this week I hadnt done anything for over two years, apart from get the motor running and seek parts in the net (rarer than hens teeth here). Its hard to believe that no one has Skegs/bearings/seals and so on for prop shafts that anywhere near match up to what I need here. You can buy stuff here new but it's so expensive I could send everything from Australia over and still save over 50% (checked the prices of shipping if I ordered from Cassels).

Ok so I'll stop complaining now...... apart from that alls well here just cold as.

all the best

Stu

Whitey

Re: 272 y block

Postby Whitey » 17 Feb 2011, 17:13

Ray,
Check out item #140511905181 on ebay.com.au. It's a set of tawco exhaust manifolds and a twin carby intake. The exhausts don't come up that often for the y.
Cheers
Geoff

Return to “Main Room”