project update

All things general in here
bauchy

project update

Postby bauchy » 19 Jun 2010, 22:32

hey guys, just a quik update on my clinker project. finally had some time to get stuck into it. In the next couple of weeks i'll have new over transom pipes made up and can start doing a final fit out. will be at nerrandera this year

brian

original pic when purchased

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... dboat3.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 0563-1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 0605-1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 1_11-1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 896760.jpg

viteau

Re: project update

Postby viteau » 20 Jun 2010, 17:15

It's amazing what elbow grease and a little cash can do...(don't tally receipts). I bet you can't wait to push the starter?
Cheers Chris

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 20 Jun 2010, 18:23

yeh mate there is now elbows left.

i havnt kept a tally on what ive spent but i coulda bought another boat for what that bowe cover and fabrication work cost me. it will all be good in the end though.

i cant wait to start it but i cant wait to cross the finish line at the southern80 in february in the oldest ski race boat in australia.

just gotta hope the lil holden engine holds together for the distance and pulling some big revs all the way down the river.

brian

viteau

Postby viteau » 21 Jun 2010, 16:37

The front looks good. I did have the option to have one like that but the cost of getting a sand mould made and pouring brass was way over the top. I wish that I had just opened the wallet as the front roller on the trailer damaged the front edge and have had it patched but not painted.
cheers

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 21 Jun 2010, 21:18

yeh i looked at a few different options for the cover but the guy who did that one for me made it from stainless sheet. it runs from the deck to the transom. to look at it now you would sware it was pressed from a die and one piece of steel. in started off as 11 peices of sheet and turned into what you see now. im glad i spent the cash on it althought saying " just do it, i dont care what it costs " wasnt the best idea i have had in my life.

My lil bond wood boat is almost the same shape as yours and i know what you mean by the trailer damaging the front. im not stressed about mine as its only a social ski boat that we use and dont pamper so i got over it pretty quikly. i love your boat and can feel your pain when things like that get damaged.

as they say you cant buy style and so far im stoked with how my boats coming along. its gone way further then i ever imagined it would when i purchased it 3 years ago. the best thing is allot of people ever doubted it would be usable again and now its so close to being on the water again its a great feeling to have done something that probably shouldnt have been fixed.

brian

viteau

Postby viteau » 22 Jun 2010, 13:38

Brian
The meaning of "boat" is "Bang On Another Thousand", is spot on as when you do anything major on boat it will allways set you back a lot of money. I like it when you go to a popular ramp and the guys who own the flash Malibu, Tige's etc and say "nice boat". The plastic boat are very functional but all look the same and the V8's don't make any sound.
Cheers Chris

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 22 Jun 2010, 22:03

hahaha yeh i like that one. made my day...lol

its looking fitting my engine this weekend so its only a month away from fire up and test run. fingers cross it behaves itself. if not it will be nice to have sitting in the shed and drink cans over

certainly cant wait to take it to the boat ramp

brian

viteau

Postby viteau » 23 Jun 2010, 12:24

Brian
The Jarrah used in my boat came from old floor boards so it has a history of just laying around with the enforced rull of no shoes allowed. Your boat was far worse than mine at the beginning and the only thing we share in common is that we don't know how they performed before and just how they will go now with a my case a lot more weight and more than double the hp.
Cheers Chris

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 27 Jun 2010, 20:27

yeh i saw your boat at nerrandera 3? years ago. atleast u got more hp with all that weight. mine will have approx 680hp more then wat it had when i bought it. atleast the holes gone now so i can live with extra weight

viteau

Postby viteau » 28 Jun 2010, 14:54

Hello Brian
You will have that boat screaming with all those horses. Do you own shares in BP?.
Cheers Chris

Return to “Main Room”