Intro

All things general in here
Sea Urchin

Intro

Postby Sea Urchin » 26 May 2010, 19:10

Hello Everyone

I've been on this board since August last year but haven't called by for a while so I thought I should introduce myself this time. My name is Joe Morrison and I'm based near Port Lincoln.

I have three wooden boats comprising a Shellback Dinghy and two clinker powerboats. I'm currently restoring the decks on Tiki which is 15 foot clinker half cabin with a 179 Holden inboard. I was told that the boat was built by two Dutch brothers who went on to work for Halvorsen. I have no idea how much truth there is in that story.

The other powerboat is an 18 footer along similar lines and I expect from the same era, about the mid 70s. I believe it may have been built by a chap called Jan Boonen going by some similarities with another boat of his that I've seen online. This hull is currently stripped down awaiting a fuller restoration when I've finished doing the deck on Tiki. It came with a Holden 186 but I'm not sure that the motor can be rescued.

These boats are runabouts or fishing/ski boats rather than speedboats but I'm hoping to tap into some of the knowledge on this board in respect to inboard engines as my restorations progress. I've already learned heaps by browsing through your threads and your projects so thanks for that.

rayza1

Re: Intro

Postby rayza1 » 26 May 2010, 23:49

Welcome aboard Joe, the amount of knowledge that people on this site have never ceases to amaze me. I've restored a bondwood from scratch with no prior knowledge or experience except what i have learned here, so if it can be done someone that uses this forum will know how! cheers.
Ray

Alan

Re: Intro

Postby Alan » 27 May 2010, 18:30

Welcome Joe,
hope you find the information that you need, there is a huge amount of experience available amongst the members.
Alan.

Return to “Main Room”