Invader

All things general in here
screwit

Invader

Postby screwit » 13 Aug 2023, 20:29

A few weeks ago l decided to take a small hook out of the second planks at the stern of Invader from the shaft log back . This was about 3mm over 1 metre .
This involves de-roveing the ribs along the planks and installing thin wedges in progressive sizes to force the planks down . The wedges being placed between the ribs spaces and the plank and the new longer copper nails go back through the original holes and ribs and the new wedges and with some help from a friend (Ken) we re-roved along both planks.
The out come was excellent with the hull looking very flat .
A little bit of paint and assembly and some testing soon.

Bob Vic

Re: Invader

Postby Bob Vic » 13 Aug 2023, 22:34

Good work guys - I hope that this gives Invader more bounce and less suck.

screwit

Postby screwit » 22 Aug 2023, 12:30

After deciding to replace the ss plate under the cav plate l found that the keel and both planks were loose and moving up and down. I found that all the nails were broken off but 1 in each plank and they were loose. Now they have been replaced with screws and a new plate fitted and lock nuts on everything.
Now its ready for testing soon as l can find time.

WoodRay

Postby WoodRay » 22 Aug 2023, 16:54

Well done Ross. That's a good find. Better there than on the water. We've got some warm weather this week and good wind so I'm sure you'll find time. I just wish mine was going, I'd be there too!

Return to “Main Room”