Anzani powered mini Hydro

All things general in here
WoodRay

Re: Anzani powered mini Hydro

Postby WoodRay » 01 Feb 2023, 18:25

The last test run was a flop. Have now reworked the trunnion mount for the motor and raised it 2"
Prop has been cut down 1" and I'm looking at reducing the boats weight overall. Aim is to get to about the 215kg mark.

habits

Postby habits » 02 Feb 2023, 11:40

Hi Craig ive been following your post and saw the video the other day. I have a very similar boat but fibreglass and 8 feet long my kids used to race i had the same problem getting it to plane i ended up moving the seat and steering forward dropped the motor down so the centre of the prop was central with the bottom of the boat and put cup on the prop. We have 6 hp Mercury 1989 model i way 95 kg and gets on the plan and does around 20 mph. Maybe some of this info will help. regards Phil

WoodRay

Postby WoodRay » 02 Feb 2023, 15:00

Thanks Bob and Greg. I'm just doing as we all do, and that's persist with these old boats to keep them alive.
Yes Phil I've been trowelling the internet getting as much info on these types of boat and how unique the set ups are. My prop is well below the water line which I think is the major problem. The size of the prop 9.5 x 11 is the other. I'm addressing the weight balance as well. We're testing the outboard on Monday.

Return to “Main Room”