Something you don't see everyday

All things general in here
DaveD

Something you don't see everyday

Postby DaveD » 07 Apr 2010, 20:51

Spotted this on Easter Sunday down at Goolwa, SA. (Murray mouth region)
The boat is "Dragon", similar to Lincoln.
Spoke to the owner, he'd spent the day out on the water, which is good as the level is up from where it has been. Although he had collected a fair amount of weed on the skeg in his travels.
The second photo of Wiski Blue, a TAFE built, Lexus powered wooden clinker, was taken early last year at the same location. The sandbar that can be seen between the mainland & Hindmarsh Island appeared as the water disappeared, is now covered again, but for how long who knows?

Greg
Creator

Re: Something you don't see everyday

Postby Greg » 07 Apr 2010, 21:29

Dave
Thanks for the pics - great stuff. Good to see the water level up as well. Victoria is obviously letting too much through!
There is some footage of Wiski Blue's first run here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhGkniv_SCU&feature=fvsr
Greg

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 07 Apr 2010, 23:16

Wiski Blue video shot from the same location.
They were having engine troubles the day I saw it, that was during the Wooden Boat Festival.
If Queensland keeps getting the downpours it has, we'll all be much better off downstream.
I have seen the guy with "Dragon" on Sat nite car cruises, with the '57 towing "Dragon", always gets alot of lookers.

viteau

Postby viteau » 08 Apr 2010, 13:34

There is another clip of Whiski Blue on you tube as well. My boat was restored by Cameron Donaldson at Easy Tiger in Adelaide who finished Whiski Blue off. Rob the owner spent a small fortune on timber and the effect was worth it. They had problems with the clutch it in last time I spoke to Cameron.
Cheers Chris

Return to “Main Room”