Bulletin board disaster.

All things general in here
bootlegger

Bulletin board disaster.

Postby bootlegger » 02 Aug 2017, 20:19

It seems criminal that photobucket can offer a free hosting site for pictures and then hold everyone who uses it to ransom if they dont pay $400 to them.
Its a shame now that so many blogs now dont have pics in them.
I get them changing their policy to charge. I think its criminal that they can take ownership of the photos already existing and deleting them.
Just goes to show how our rights are gradually being erroded away.

viteau

Re: Bulletin board disaster.

Postby viteau » 02 Aug 2017, 21:56

Hi Dave, is it worth investigating an instagram account for CAWPBA so members can load photos up. I am not sure of there policies regarding ownership but it's just a thought. Cheers Chris.

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 03 Aug 2017, 07:57

I now use Imgur instead of Photobucket.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 03 Aug 2017, 08:34

Bulletin Board disaster?! Nothing wrong with the way the Bulletin Board handles pictures.

Nobody owns them, but like most places, they can be ripped off.

Load them up - go for your life. The facility has always been here and a big plus is that you picture won't disappear and become lost after a few days.

I have adjusted the maximum size of pictures that can be posted, so if you have problems posting pics, it will most likely be at your end.

Darren

Postby Darren » 03 Aug 2017, 23:29

I have to admit I am not a picture poster, so I am not familar with payments and never been contacted by photobucket or the like. The board seems good to me, and one day I'll get around to putting some pics up. I am possibly a silly old git but I reckon facebook and the like may be worse.

WoodRay

Postby WoodRay » 04 Aug 2017, 12:30

Yep I'm too a supporter of the bulletin boards for this forum and others. Facebook is a waste of time in my opinion other than if you want to talk to someone. It's even more hopeless when you want to find info or pictures, especially old posts. Forums like this a great in my opinion.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 05 Aug 2017, 21:12

I agree that a bulletin board is a great archive. My critiscm isnt about how difficult it is to post pics bit the fact that several existing blogs now have no pictures on them.
This has happened on other forums as well.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 05 Aug 2017, 22:04

I agree that a bulletin board is a great archive. My critiscm isnt about how difficult it is to post pics bit the fact that several existing blogs now have no pictures on them.
This has happened on other forums as well.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 06 Aug 2017, 08:07

I can't see the difficulty in posting pics Dave.
I do very little from my phone regarding posting pictures, etc, but just had a go at posting a picture to this BB from my phone. It took me about 90 seconds, teaching myself along the way. I have more trouble with Facebook!
Anyway, for those that wish to, we have the facility to post pics, comment on them, etc, and keep them in a searchable archive (of sorts) for future reference.

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 06 Aug 2017, 19:12

Hi Greg, I think what Dave is concerned about is that on some topics on the Bulletin Board, the photos have disappeared. These photos where obviously hosted by photobucket originally. I have been looking back through older posts this afternoon looking for inspiration and have noticed that some posts are missing their photos. Thankfully not all posters have relied on photobucket and the majority of photos still exist
Andy

Return to “Main Room”