Newsletter

All things general in here
Greg
Creator

Newsletter

Postby Greg » 05 Feb 2017, 08:18

Hello all

The latest issue of the Hollow Log has been sent out to club members. If you did not receive yours, please let me know.

habits

Re: Newsletter

Postby habits » 05 Feb 2017, 12:02

Good job Greg a great read as usual

WoodRay

Postby WoodRay » 05 Feb 2017, 20:05

Another top newsletter. Loved the write up on Ken Warby. He was a mystical being in my younger days travelling up and down the Hume. Always wondered about the man every time I drove past Warby Springs near Glenrowan......not that the place was ever related to him I think, just the name and lake Mokoan clicked for some reason.

Darren

Postby Darren » 05 Apr 2017, 23:08

Well done Greg great reading as always!
Appreciate your effort to compile mate :)

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 06 Apr 2017, 08:43

Thanks Darren.

If anyone has NOT received their copy, please let me know.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 06 Apr 2017, 09:03

Thanks Greg, like most of us that have been around for a while, I wonder where this club would be without your ongoing work, cheers mate!

I appreciate your article on the Wooden Boat Festival and it was all my pleasure and great to catch up with everyone, in a year or two I hope not to be such a stranger and participate with the events happening in Australia (the northern Island)

A couple of things re the article.

As those know who have experienced the Tomboy cruise there is the A TOUR and the B TOUR. Thanks to RAY and hsi hard working mate I have developed the poo TOUR! This is a circuit around the river show casing the variouse sewerage plants on the shore line which explains the old saying when one was going to the toilet, "I am just going to back one into the Derwent!"

Fury is back in the Jessop family and owned by Bruce who has that aweesome steam boat that he tours to most wooden boat festival around the country. He also owns Miss Tamar, which he said he was going to take to the South Australian Festival (if its on, rumor has it they may no have one?). If he does something for you Crow eaters to look forward to it is quite a show piece where money was not a problem!!

And finally Zelectta, yep run by batteries!!!!! I was told its capable of about 30 mph but only 25 minutes before re-charge?????????? The wooden boat festival posted some footage of it on face book going, no volume on the footage, so its virtual, just like being on thing!

I hope everyone is well and thanks again Greg,a great effort.

Chivs

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 06 Apr 2017, 20:37

Yup, have to agree......another great read!! Hopefully a couple of new boats as well

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 06 Apr 2017, 21:06

Thanks Greg. Just reminds me of what ive missed over the last couple of years.

Return to “Main Room”