Hollow Log

All things general in here
Greg
Creator

Hollow Log

Postby Greg » 04 Oct 2016, 21:33

Just an advisory that the latest newsletter, Volume 16, Issue 4, has just been sent out.

Bob Vic

Re: Hollow Log

Postby Bob Vic » 05 Oct 2016, 19:38

Another great effort Greg - well done & much appreciated.

The story on the mini hydro was of particular interest to me. I absolutely saw this boat run on the Maribyrnong River at Aberfeldie one Saturday afternoon, I guess in the early '60s. My parents were playing tennis and I wandered down to the river at the rowing area where (as a 10 year old?) I was in awe of this round-bow mini hydro with a motorcycle engine. That I can remember this boat decades later shows what a massive impression it made upon me.
Bob

(These days a 10 year old isn't allowed to roam around the streets alone, boating at speed on this river is a no-no and noise!!! Some say the world is a better place but not in my view?)

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 09 Oct 2016, 19:31

Sorry I haven't got back earlier, but great read Greg! We are looking at being out of the house in 4 weeks and with Narranderra thrown in, life is getting interesting! I will be saying goodbye to Wooden Worry, it's going to the new house owner who may or may not join the club. If you don't hear from me for a while it's because we're flat out.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 10 Oct 2016, 10:48

It's got to be asked Ray!

Are you also leaving the endless stock of yellow paint there as well?

And did chucking in the Worry seal the deal?

PS yep thanks Greg for your ongoing unrelenting work and also to those who have contributed to the log, well done and thanks again.

The slightly wind swept and damp captain!!!!

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 10 Oct 2016, 19:42

Hey Chivs, in answer to your questions.....the paint stays with the boat and yes the boat helped get the deal done although i'm not sure why!

Return to “Main Room”