Mystress - back up and running!

All things general in here
nool

Re: Mystress - back up and running!

Postby nool » 04 Mar 2010, 08:58

Nick,
I thought I was being subtle :lol:

Ed,
Cool. For my part I'll try to get up there a bit earlier. Send me a text on 0417 062 849 when you get out there and I'll try and find you out on the water...

Cheers!

Neil

nool

Postby nool » 05 Mar 2010, 14:03

Hey Ed,
It looks like the weather tomorrow might be a bit dodgy. If it raining I'll probably leave it till next weekend.
If you let me know your number I can send you a text and let you know....

Cheers!

Neil

Batesy

Postby Batesy » 21 Mar 2010, 08:10

The M90 Eaton Supercharger works well. Here is a vid of my plastic boat, got my wife to drive while I filmed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybPMybu0tIU

THe blower transforms the Lexus V8 and makes up for the lack of cubes at lower RPM. Not sure how the cyntrifugal blower will go for pulling fat bastards out of the water - where you need power most!
I'm getting 60mph it's centermount and no cav plates - just the small one above the rudder. Engine is stock and running about 7psi. With the cowl down you can't hear the blower except at WOT which is excellent for social skiing.
I have the bigger Eaton M112 off a supercharged Jag V12 to go on it next.
Haven't looked for a while, but the eaton blowers are cheap secondhand under $600 for the M90 and about $800 for the bigger M112
Cheers, Andrew

nool

Postby nool » 22 Mar 2010, 13:16

Hey Andrew,
I saw your video a while ago. Awesome stuff.
I did actually consider the Eaton superchargers but my setup is complicated by the fact that there is no room to mount one on top of the engine. I think it would be a miracle if I could get one in there...
P1010345 (Small).JPG
P1010345 (Small).JPG (54.35 KiB) Viewed 4164 times

That just leaves mounting one on the side of the engine and an Eaton doesn't really lend itself that well to side mounting...

Cheers!

Neil

Batesy

Postby Batesy » 28 Mar 2010, 15:57

Neal, the eatons are designed to be mounted on their side, so certainly would be doable. I also have a spare blower manifold here - If I get time, I will measure the height about the camshaft covers and post it here. It's low, but probably not that low. I'm a positive displacement blower fan, so I'm a bit biased!! I guess I always thought that the lexus lacked power at low revs.
It would be great to see how the cyntrifugal blower goes. Lextreme sold a laser cut mounting plate at one stage.
Cheers,
Andrew

Return to “Main Room”