wooden worry

All things general in here
rayza1

wooden worry

Postby rayza1 » 24 Jan 2010, 01:03

Hi Guys, just thought i would share some photo's of my project "wooden worry" She's taken 3 years so far as i don't get a lot of spare time to work on her. I've made a few mistakes along the way and had to redo a few things but i'm reasonably happy with the results so far, considering she was a basket case when i got her. Power is a stock 186 with lots of chrome and polished alloy. Paint is Jotun highbuild epoxy undercoat with canary yellow hard top as a topcoat. Not sure whether to stain the deck or paint it, that will depend on how the gaps and fit look when its on. Trim will be white with yellow inserts and piping. Cheers Ray. http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae43 ... n%20worry/

Dave88

Re: wooden worry

Postby Dave88 » 25 Jan 2010, 12:21

Hi Ray,
It's always awesome to see another old boat getting a second chance.
You've got my vote for a stained deck - I reckon it would set it off

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 25 Jan 2010, 15:20

Ray

Thanks for the pics. It's great to see the progress and the project coming together.

I have to agree with Dave about staining the deck if you can. I know of a boat with a yellow hull and an African mahaogany deck and it looks superb.

Greg

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 26 Jan 2010, 18:07

Hi Guys, thanks for the vote of confidence. Its been hard in that i don't have anyone to bounce ideas off, so i never know if i'm off the mark when doing things to the old girl. I have been told i'm the paton saint of lost causes and i think this boat proves it ! It's always been my wish to do the deck in a timber finish but not sure if my skills are up to it....we will see. I wanted to do the whole boat that way but there was too much damage to the timber to be able to make it look ok. Most of the fittings have had the chome removed, just my thaughts but love the polish brass with the yellow. Cheers Ray

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 31 Jan 2010, 22:19

Hi Guys, have just come in from working on the "worry" Just fitted an anti vibration coupling in the driveline between the dog clutch and the prop shaft. Has anyone else used one of these? It's 2 matching flanges each with 4 fingers, with a rubber dampener between them. There is nothing holding them together as such but i can see that the thrust from the prop will push one into the other thus stopping them from pulling apart (i hope) I'm thinking of fitting a collar around the prop shaft just before the skeg to stop it from being able to slide backwards and disengageing when the load is off. Any info would be of great interest. Cheers Ray

Return to “Main Room”