We're back!

All things general in here
Admin
Site Admin

We're back!

Postby Admin » 16 Jan 2015, 16:23

Well, what an absolute catstrophe.

For those of you who I was not able to contact, here is a brief of what happened:

Our website and Bulletin Board are hosted by Melbourne IT. Up until several days ago, it has been a good, stable and reliable service. I was advised in December that we (no doubt among many) were selected to be upgraded to their new infrastructure – Cloud hosting. It would happen on January 7th.

On January 7th, the website migrated OK but, as you are all aware, the Bulletin Board went down.

I went through our account’s “Control Panel” looking for something I had to do to make it work, but could find nothing. I then sent off an email to their support group – no response. So, then I tried to call their help line. After never being able to get through to their “Dedicated Migration Team”, I tried calling their normal support number. Same deal, impossible to get through. All the while, I kept sending in emails to their tech and support groups.

On Tuesday morning, after waiting for 75 minutes, I got through to an operator. After another 30 minutes, she said she couldn’t fix it and would escalate it to some other group under a high priority and that I would be advised of progress within 24 hours. No call received, so I called them again to find out what was happening. I got through easily this time because I phoned them at 5 am. I was told it was still being worked on. Without being abusive, I imparted my displeasure upon him.

Waited 24 hours, still the promised feedback did not arrive. so this morning, I sat on the phone for 75 minutes waiting to talk to someone. When I got through, I was told they were still working on it. I again told them what I thought of their service and their poor follow up.

I suppose what was most disappointing was the fact that nobody ever came back to me for follow up. Obviously they had huge problems and there would be far bigger fish out there that needed to be fixed before our little BB did, but the fact is that we were down for over a week without any real explanation and that is unforgivable in my eyes and they will be told so!

Anyway, the important thing is that we are back, so start posting.

Paul SA

Re: We're back!

Postby Paul SA » 16 Jan 2015, 18:02

About time :)

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 16 Jan 2015, 20:05

Thanks for your perseverance Greg. We were all a little lost without the BB.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 16 Jan 2015, 22:02

Thanks Greg.

Renojet

Postby Renojet » 16 Jan 2015, 22:24

Thanks Greg, hope your head isn't too sore after banging your head against a brick wall for the last week!!
Frank

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 18 Jan 2015, 19:49

Your a legend Greg, withdrawal symptoms will start to fade now!

screwit

Postby screwit » 18 Jan 2015, 20:48

I didn't know what to do at night !!! TV was crap and motors not completed as yet so couldn't work on the boat. I started back on the kitchen ren's and that led to some one wanting more done than I did.!!!!

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 19 Jan 2015, 08:39

Thanks all.

I didn't do much, just nagged and sooked up a bit.

Return to “Main Room”