Swiftwood

All things general in here
RightyO

Swiftwood

Postby RightyO » 06 Jun 2014, 19:31

I sent the photos to aussie ski boats as I tried for a hour to get them on to our sight with no luck .I can fix a boat but when it comes to computers I am hopeless .I always wanted a TS seacraft so when it came up on ebay I couldn't resist . Started it on the day sounded great ( great motor I was told) but the hull was in bad shape .The 2pack on the deck was peeling it had silicon right along the keel and a full tube around the shaft log . The gussets in the front frame were broken . Home we went tried to start it next day battery was stuffed . Out with the engine and ripped into it . A bit of dry rot in the very back of the keel and some damage around the skeg apart from that all was good .It sounds easy but it takes a lot of work . New paint and decals and in goes the motor . You will like this part Nick .Started engine sounded good but l noticed a lot more water coming out of one pipe compared to the other, must need a cleanout .All seemed well until I checked the dipstick (you guessed it) sump full of milky oil .I was pissed off ,cooled down next day ,intake manifold first idea , badly eroded but not leaking , heads next and the torques on one bank were very low .Turns out one exhaust manifold was rotted out so the water for one bank was going straight out the back instead of into the engine and had caused the head gasket to fail plus they had used the wrong head bolt sealant . So two new exhaust manifolds , intake manifold and gaskets , lets try again . All good ready for a water test when the sun comes out again . Ken

Greg
Creator

Re: Swiftwood

Postby Greg » 06 Jun 2014, 21:11

Ken

Uploading of pics is explained in a couple of places on the Board. One is at: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=461&p=2621&hilit=posting#p2621

The BB is not terribly user friendly for uploading stuff, but once you get it worked out, it's easy enough. Of course, the other option is to email me the pics and I will upload them into you post, or wherever else you want them placed.

Swiftwood looks great. Congratulations and well done.

Greg

Greg
Creator

Re: Swiftwood

Postby Greg » 06 Jun 2014, 22:14

Here are the pics of Swiftwood. Nice!

Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (150.94 KiB) Viewed 3447 times

Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (157.95 KiB) Viewed 3447 times

Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (168.07 KiB) Viewed 3444 times