Looks great guys
Can't wait to see it.
Great size skiff
What size engine are you fitting to it.
Scott

bootlegger

Re: Rhonda Babe II

Postby bootlegger » 17 Feb 2014, 06:37

Scott its running a worked 427 big block chev.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 18 Feb 2014, 18:23

Ive almost finished the deck. Just the piece across the back. The gunnels and the cedar trim bits.
Bob and I have the bubble in the deck hopefully sorted.
Bob did some more work on the trailer.
Its all coming together now.
This boat is just awsome.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 02 Mar 2014, 19:29

Rhonda babe is making steady progress. The deck is all done. We tried to get some of the ripples out of the front of the deck. I managed to send bronte up the bow but she couldnt wind the jack up. I ended up squeezing up there. A fully grown man in a cavity that a child barely fits in can only be described as contortion. Its a heap better but im still not happy. Its going to torture me every time i look at it but there is nothing more i can do. Now its time to make all the silver ash and red cedar trimmings. Bob has all but finished the trailer and the engine should have all the machining completed this week. The parts will go to the balancer to get balanced then bob can stick the engine together.

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 03 Mar 2014, 17:05

Yep, young Bronte stepped up to the plate when us old blokes couldn't. Here's a pic of her up the bow.

As Dave said, we're making progress. The deck is basically done now, with just a few more trimmings, like gunwales, required. Here's a pic. Not sure if Dave climbed up into the roof to take this, or if he sent Bronte up there.

Now all we have to do is .........

* Finish the brakes and renew the rockers on the trailer.
* Build an engine.
* Do the complete fit out including fitting the underwater stuff, steering, wiring, fuel tank, Z drive etc. etc. etc.

When's Goolwa ????

Bob

Darren

Postby Darren » 03 Mar 2014, 22:07

Great pics Bob and Dave,
Dave, Bronte's a "chip off the old block" which is fantastic to see!
Makes me feel alot better to see someone else is going to burn the midnight oil!
Sooner or later ill get back to repairing Scrubcat's bottom for Goolwa.
Im down the beach working on the house and the boats on the farm hanging
on the gantry.
:?
Darren

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 10 Mar 2014, 12:07

Just to prove that dave wasn't going to be outdone by young Bronte, here's a pic of him up the nose (of the boat that is). He did cheat a bit by relieving one of the deck cross beams a little,

And here's a few more pics of the boat as it stands now. The rain backed off long enough last week for Dave to pull her out of the shed for a photo shoot.

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 11 Mar 2014, 11:48

Reklaw

I hope that this skiff is going to visit Toukley.

Spook

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 11 Mar 2014, 12:20

Bob
I'm thinking it might visit on the odd occasion. Not sure about the noise from the zoomies it's going to be fitted with. Your mate up the back might have reason to complain.
Bob W

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 11 Mar 2014, 12:35

Bob,
Just thinking about that, if we can get enough starters, could you put on a woodies only race? 1st Prize could be a lump of 4 x 2 or similar.
Bob W

Return to “Main Room”