Boat launching

All things general in here
bigbird

Boat launching

Postby bigbird » 26 Feb 2012, 10:09

G'Day all, One question I haven't asked is, how difficult is it to launch a 16-18 foot clinker fitted with a V8 wooden boat on your own given that they all appear to be on trailers with carpet covered timber slides, and I guess the same applies to loading? or would a smaller ply outboard be less of a problem. Most of my time used would be through the week so hopefully not holding up the ramp to much. nothing would be worse than seeing your pride and joy floating away as you stand on the ramp.any clues would be appreciated. Brian.

bauchy

Re: Boat launching

Postby bauchy » 26 Feb 2012, 11:56

Its certainly easier to do with some help but i do mine on my own. Getting it off is easy. Just back in deep enough so the boat floats then use a rope to pull it back to shore. Getting them on is the hard part. Ull need to back in deep enough the boat goes almost right up onto the trailer then which it the rest of the way. The boat will be sturdy on the trailer in the right spot then u can pull it out. If the ramps steep i have a short rope on the passenger side of.the car which ties from the trailer to the boat. Then i run a long rope from the boat boat around the trailer up to the car where im driving. Pull it tight as u drive out and it will centre the boat on the trailer aslong as u have the short rope the perfect length. it looks abit funny but id rather be boating then waiting for mates to come and help

Return to “Main Room”